Corsair Community

Topside fan filters - 800D

InvalidUserID

Hi all,

I've had my 800D for about a month or so and so far I love it.

So far every fan in my case has a filter: The rear intake for the H50 and the front intake in a Lian Li bay module (built-in).

For my topside 3-120mm exhaust fans, I tried some Silverstone fan filters but they don't fit on the outside. Given how hard the threads were on the Yate Loons, I'm hesitant to take them out thus putting the filters on the inside of the case doesn't seem like an option.

Does anyone have a topside filter option that works on the 800D?

Thanks guys!

Why would you put a filter on an exhaust fan ???

I know, right?

I ask because my room is dust central. I vacuum, dust, even have a air cleaner yet I still have a dusty room. So I ask because I'd like to keep as much dust as possible out of the case.

What I'm doing now is putting magazines over the topside fan openings when the computer is off.

Does'nt really make much difference to noise tbh , although mine is pretty quiet anyhow . It does however make 1-2 degrees diff to temps in my case but i still have'nt got any dust at all in my machine since fitting them whereas before it would look pretty dirty in <2 weeks .

• 8 months later...
Hi all,

So far every fan in my case has a filter: The rear intake for the H50 and the front intake in a Lian Li bay module (built-in).

For my topside 3-120mm exhaust fans, I tried some Silverstone fan filters but they don't fit on the outside. Given how hard the threads were on the Yate Loons, I'm hesitant to take them out thus putting the filters on the inside of the case doesn't seem like an option.

Thanks guys!

I ordered this one today:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11724/ffi-52/DEMCiflex_Triple_120mm_Magnetic_Dust_Fan_Filter_-_Triple_Radiator_or_Fans_-_Steel_Aluminum_Plastic_Chassis.html

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

So far every fan in my case has a filter: The rear intake for the H50 and the front intake in a ******** bay module (built-in).

Thanks guys!

Yes, contact Demciflex filters. Email them and the rep will make you a custom one for you that is magnetic and removable. Take pics and measure all the dimensions in MM if you can.

He's making me a 600T top grill filter as we speak.

Archived