Corsair Community

Blue LED light always on

lazyb

I searched the forum and didn't find an answer for this condition.

Recently bought the Flash Voyager FLASH 16G|COR FLDRV CMFUSB2.0-16GB from Newegg.

Light flashes/blinks, but never goes out. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no change.

I have another exact same drive I've been using in a Gateway ML3109 with Vista Home Basic and a Dell Inspiron 910 with Windows XP Home Edition with no problems.

Is the light staying on a problem? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
I have three and two is doing the same thing, LED is always ON. The first one I got works normal.

Is this really a fault?

Just received the replacement...

and the LED stills stays on.

Device Manager says it's working properly.

Dowloaded a pdf file and read if off the thumbdrive.

Is it a fault, did a supplier change sub-components, are they being assembled under a different spec?

Not really excited about sending it back again. I bought it on special from newegg, didn't really need one but the price was right and free shipping... :roll:

Shouldn't have to keep sending them back.

I've just received a NEW corsair GTR 32gb replacement for my other 32gb stick that went to silicon heaven ( where all the calculators go ),

This is my second GTR stick which has stopped, the previous series was fine, almost indestructible.

I thank Corsair for there replacement pollicy as it's nice to see a company trying to support there customers, Which is why I've stayed with them in the past.

Unfortunatly I no longer feel safe using Corsair products, I'm worried if I use one of these sticks for something important I'll loose everything.

My question is, what is corsair doing to solve this growing problem.

• 1 month later...
I would suggest contacting our customer service and they will be able to check that for you.

:bigeyes:

"It" came back X-mas eve...

Third (3) drive, 2nd "replacement" - NO CHANGE :!:

I see absolutely NO CHANGE. It will enable the ReadyBoost, save a file & read from the drive,

BUTT the blue LED light STAYS ON and the computer will not boot with the drive installed :!:

Definitely NOT PLUG-N-PLAY :roll:

I'm not feeling customer "service". Tell me what I'm doing wrong, if I am. Help me. Tell me what was wrong with the product returned AND tell me why the replacement is gonna work.

Just sending me a new, in the package, product and letting me "test" it again is NOT WORKING.

It's not about sealed & untouched packaging to me, but about you returning a product that has been tested/checked and "We" know is going to work when I install it.

What exactly are you trying to do with it?

You original post was about the LED. Now you stated :confused: you cannot use it for Ready Boost?

NO, if you read again, I did not say that. "It will enable the ReadyBoost..."

NOTHING HAS CHANGED from my original post.

Is the drive functioning properly other then the LED is working differently then the older drive?

I think not.

My first drive, identical & bought Dec '09/Jan '10, has worked flawlessly.

The more recent ones that I've had a problem with interfere with the computer boot up. I shouldn't have to remove, & replace the drive after boot up.

I guess I have to get in touch with John K. He called me 11/11/10. As I recall he mentioned they had identified some kind of problem and it would be corrected.

Archived