Corsair Community

CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 and P7P55D Compatibility

Owais

I have built a new system based on core i5 750 using CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 and P7P55D. The GPU is EVGA GTS450.

I have seen alot of people complaining about this combination of mobo and RAM.The symptoms are strange ranging from BSODs to CRC errors when installing large softwares.

I couldnt even install windows 7 64 bit without taking out the stick in B1 slot.

Individual testing of the RAM sticks passes with Memtest 4.1.

Is there a way to get this combination to work reliably at all? If so what must i do to get it working without any problems. Will a BIOS upgrade help ?

I am using the recommended 9-9-9-24 and 1.65 volts settings in BIOS. RAM version is 2.3 on the label.

Someone please help me out here.

I am running the memory at 1333 Mhz with default BIOS settings.

I tried default 1.5V and 1.65 manual voltage setting too. But dual channel operation is very unstable in both cases.

Yesterday i started to get problems with one stick installed only in B1. Perhaps i just have a bad module. I will do more testing with changing slots later.

No problems with the other one installed in A1 slot so far.

Anyway if someone has a working settings combination for 1333 Mhz operation for my board+memory setup i would like to know about it.

Also if i am to get a replacement kit (2GBx2) with 1333MHz at 1.5V which one should i choose for guaranteed 'bullet proof' operation ?

After some testing its conformed one of the sticks is faulty.

I have replaced it with Value select model 1333 Mhz (2x2GB). Seems to be working fine for now. No errors in windows memory diagnostics and Memtest. Win 7 x64 seems stable too.

Archived