Corsair Community

random blue screens with new pc (windows 7)

eXistenZ

hey, i built a new pc but i keep getting random blue screens from time to time, even firefox crashes a lot sometimes.. and other times its fine and i go to the same sites everytime, seems to be a ram memory problem but i tested both sticks (i have 2x2gb) by removing one to see which one has problems.. but they both seem to..

i also did tests with memtest86+ for 6 hours and no errors.. i can't figure out which hardware part could cause this problem.. if i knew i would replace it right away.. although it still seems to be a ram memory problem..

right now im using windows 7 but when i first used this pc i used XP pro and it was a lot worse than windows 7, it would freeze and get blue screens a lot more often..

i attached my dmp files.. if anybody knows whats the problem please tell me

thanks

dmp.zip

ok so i ran the memtest86+ test on cold boot, i did get errors this time, then i shut down the PC, started it right after and ran it again and got a lot less.. i also took pictures with my camera.. i didn't know how else to save the information lol

so the picture with 160 errors is the first test from the first cold boot and the other one is when i shut it down and done it again..

what does this mean?

thanks

1.thumb.jpg.e554c62dcb1fdf9a120f40b268df9d19.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.bf8089822f508a5e0ac08698ea75ca9c.jpg

looks to me that your memory is Overclocked at 2000, frequency is at 666 and should be at 444*3=1332, if my math is correct 666*3=1998 for DDR3 memory.

Thats why your gittting errors.

Go into your BIOS and ckeck in MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) for system memory multiplier is matching the SPD 1333 or set to Auto.

Ops my bad 666*2=1332

never mind :o:

Try reseating the processor and check for any bent pins in the socket but if the errors continue after that lets get the kit replaced.

i think it's my mainboard.. it's not compatible with my ram.. or it is broken.. wish i could really know for sure..

Archived