Corsair Community

R60 (CSSD-R60GB2-BRKT) not detected by BIOS

Spycoh

Hi,

I just bought a brand new CSSD-R60GB2-BRKT drive & installed a fresh OS on it (win7 x64) and started to enjoy the performance boost.

After some times (about 2 days) I just booted my computer and the system would just keeping reboot after POST : drive was not present (not detected in the BIOS). I had to move it to antoher SATA port for it to work again. After a short period, problem again. Mooving the drive to the 3rd port made it work again... And again yesterday, I had to moove it to the 4th SATA port of my mobo.

I have set the ACHI mode in the BIOS and in win7 (using the registry tweak here) and that didn't made any difference.

What's wrong with this drive ?

Hi Spycoh

As a fellow CSSD-R60GB2 owner, may I invite you to take a read through this thread feel free to comment, I'm hoping to consolidate all R60 BIOS issues in this thread.

Your experiences are also similar to these with respect to:

I just bought a brand new CSSD-R60GB2-BRKT...about 2 days.. booted.... drive was not present (not detected in the BIOS). I had to move it to antoher SATA port for it to work again. After a short period, problem again. Moving the drive to the 3rd port made it work again... And again yesterday, I had to moove it to the 4th SATA port of my mobo.

This is also my experience, and current problem.

What's wrong with this drive ?

A lot of us would like to know the answer to *that* question. :[pouts:

Archived