Corsair Community

Corsair 800D hot swap drives

Turtleguy129

Bought this case less than a month ago on newegg, however I seem to have a problem, when my hard drives are connected to the hot swap bay my PC will lose them periodically but when it is on the bottom HD cage it works perfectly. I'm thinking the problem is the SATA circuit board. Can anyone help me?

I am experiencing a similar problem with just one bay. I tracked that one to the specific back-plane for that bay, but not before it failed completely. Mine would also freeze during boot when it tried to spin up the drive in that one bay.

The bays appear to use individual back-planes for the bays. If this is happening with all of your bays then it is different than my problem.

Are you using the same Motherboard port when you are in the swap bay and in the cage? To track the problem you need to eliminate the motherboard port as a problem before focusing on the swap bays.

I am experiencing a similar problem with just one bay. I tracked that one to the specific back-plane for that bay, but not before it failed completely. Mine would also freeze during boot when it tried to spin up the drive in that one bay.

The bays appear to use individual back-planes for the bays. If this is happening with all of your bays then it is different than my problem.

Are you using the same Motherboard port when you are in the swap bay and in the cage? To track the problem you need to eliminate the motherboard port as a problem before focusing on the swap bays.

Yes I'm using the same port. This is so frustrating, after a month of use it fails on me. Now I can't even play back videos or music without it freezing the whole PC.

• Corsair Employee
Request an RMA for the case, and in the description section please let us know that you are having problems with the hot swap backplane circuit boards. If possible, see if you can test them one at a time to see if you have the same problems with all 4 or if you can isolate a single backplane that is failing.

Archived