Corsair Community

CSSD-F60GB2 BSOD

xDelx

• Corsair Employee

The performance will degrade over time with TRIM disabled but if it stops the ERROR for the time being that is the goal. Until the next firmware release.

And sorry about asking again but many people are not catching that Hybrid suspend and Suspend to RAM are two settings.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, my first post here...

I upgraded my system disk to a Corsair F60 and I really appreciate the performance gain. Earlier I always turned the PC off when going to sleep but since a month ago I need to have the PC on for longer uptimes and it is now that I discovered a problem.

I get a BSOD Always after 24-48 hours of uptime no matter if the system is under full load or idling during this time - so the system is 100% stable up until this time has passed no matter what activity is going on or idling.

When I get the BSOD the HDD LED on my PC case gets constantly lit and if I press the Reset button on the case then BIOS won't find any HDDs. I must shut the computer off with the power button and then turn it on again to get BIOS to find the HDDs again. Now on the first start after this BSOD not all background applications start properly in Windows and no application manage to load. I try to start a browser for instance but nothing happens. If I restart the computer once now then everything is normal and stable again...for 24-48hrs and then BSOD 100% certainty.

I do not use any power saving features such as sleep modes or anything and my power preset is "maximum performance".

The BSOD bug check code is 0xf4 and parameter 1 is 0x3. Since the HDDs are not recognized when this error happens, no minidump is created.

Before the SSD upgrade I had a period when I had to run the PC as a server for several weeks and there were no problems. Then some time passed and I kept turning it off every day, got an SSD and now some months later when I need to have weeks of uptime and can't get it pass 24-48hrs idling...

One more thing, in the Event Viewer system logs I now find errors with source "Disk" and event ID 11 saying there was a problem found on the controller on /Device/HarddiskX/DRX, where X can be different numbers.

I suspect that the SSD may be the culprit since from reading this thread and especially the first post which is exactly the problem I have:

I too have this model and experience the same symptoms with a bsod daily.

Symptoms being the SSD will cause a BSOD randomly. Rebooting the machine and the SSD is not detected in BIOS. Manual power off once or even twice will restore the detection and windows will boot up fine. but then randomly bsod sometime throughout the day

I am using the Microsoft default AHCI SATA driver so that TRIM is enabled.

Do you think that the SSD could be causing my problems and/or should I try the firmware upgrade to 2.0?

Thankful for every bit of help...

If your drive BSOD please update the firmware to 2.0 before doing anything else. You can check the current firmware version with CrystalDiskInfo (DL link on left).

Check the links in my sig below to update to firmware 2.0 if needed.

Alright, will do. As soon as my test with a clean install of win7 onto my old Maxtor HDD has run for 48hrs or until BSOD. Disconnected all drives except the SSD - still event ID 11 in logs. Now instaled win 7 onto the Maxtor and connected it while disconnecting the SSD and it has run for 12hrs now with no problems so far.

Will upgrade firmware after the test and if I still have problems I will post in your corresponding link.

Thanks for your fast reply and help!

OK, the system was stable without the SSD so I have my hopes that the firmware upgrade will fix the issue when the SSD is connected. The upgrading went without any problems and now I'll just have to wait and see what will happen.

keeping my fingers crossed...

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that there still are issues with BSOD's and CSSD-F240GB2-BRKT. We have two Lenovo Thinkpad W510 4391-ER9. Both have issues with random BSOD. (I have now disabled sleep etc and so far it seems to work)

Sometimes the system can't find the disk during boot. After a few reboots it works. Somewhat annoying. The laptops runs on W7 x64 Ultimate/Enterprise and are fully patched from both Lenovo and Microsoft. CrystalMark says FW 2.0

If I try the firmware patch tool from Corsair it can't find any disk.

Do we see another FW in the near feature that will solve this problem? I tried my old Intel X-25 G2 and with that disk the system runs smooth.

There may be a new firmware version that will help compatibility with laptops, we are not sure yet. The firmware update tool will not detect any disks if it is not ran as administrator. (right click, run as, even on "administrative" accounts). Anyway you don't need it right now if you're already running 2.0. Check back later.

There may be a new firmware version that will help compatibility with laptops, we are not sure yet. The firmware update tool will not detect any disks if it is not ran as administrator. (right click, run as, even on "administrative" accounts). Anyway you don't need it right now if you're already running 2.0. Check back later.

Thank you. Great forum with fast answers. The "run as administrator" thing worked.

Archived