Corsair Community

Problem with CM2X2048-8500C5D

Last night I was playing Mass Effect 2 for about 1 hour and all of the sudden the computer froze in the game which caused me to use all the standard escape methods to get out of the frozen screen I reset using the reset button after that I got several blue screens all related to different things. I had a similar problem before but with Vista 64bit. I had to RMA that set back. I now have Windows 7 64bit. I'm not very happy and tried for hours to use your RMA process the website to no avail your process is broken and my only recourse is this.

I also had another set of DD2 800 Kingston HyperX that I installed and the computer is running fine The website is still not allowing me to get past the page of things to check before selecting they were no help the next page that popped up was a server error page

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived