Corsair Community

TX650W not working

Miguelpinto

Yesterday evening i've tried to start my pc as usual and nothing happened. Opened the case and discovered that the standby power led of my motherboard (an Asus P7P55D Pro) was blinking.

I did a research on many foruns, including Corsair's and Asus, and the general opinion was that the PSU was broken.

I've tried to do the "Brief PSU Functionality Test" indicated on Corsair's forum and the fan started, but a strange noise, similar to "electricity noise", came out of the PSU. I've tried on and off a few times and, although the fan always started, the "electricity noise" was always present too.

What's your advice? Call for an RMA?

• Corsair Employee
If possible I would test the PSU in a different system to make sure you can duplicate the same issues. If it looks like the PSU is causing the problems then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I had the same problem. Today I tried to boot my computer, but it wasn't starting at all. After switching on and off the PSU, the computer eventually start to work, but a spark shoot out of the PSU. Now everything is working again like it used too. Still I think there must be something wrong with the power unit. Can it also be the motherboard. Normaly when they are sparks comming out you pc its pretty much over.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

P.S.

How long does a RMA usually take. I live in Germany and I bought the PSU also in Germany thanks.

Archived