Corsair Community

TX750W Noisy

Avanger

I have this PSU and it is a noisy one, it runs relatively quiet on Idle but as soon as i get in a game or star using the pc for power hungry applications the "monster" Fan makes it's presence felt more that I wish. I am disappointed about the noise that this PSU does. The corsair noise level graph shows that only at 450 W the psu starts to speed up. It has a high efficiency---> less heat. It should have a quiet fan 2200 RPM max insted it has a 2800RPM one. The psu is working fine, the fan too but it is a hoover to my opinion. My spec: Q6600@ 3GH 1.25V 2X2GB DDR1066 2HDD (250Gb, 300GB) 2 DVD units, 2 120mm vents and 1 Ati 4890 so the load is around 350-400W max. I don't want to know how this ting sounds at full 750W:|. It seems that the TX series is done for the user that doesn't care about noise. Some sites also say that the cooling part of this PSU should be improved and losing the plastic thing on the fan would improve cooling and reduce noise . I expected more from Corsair that is known for quiet PSU, next time I'll be more careful on chosing a Corsair PSU. Thumbs Down! PS: It is a good PSU no doubt but the cooling part is its Achilles Knee.

• Corsair Employee
Noise is hard to measure and judge, are you sure its not other fans in your system that are generating the noise, have you tried disconnecting the other fans to try and isolate the noise? Or have you treid a bench build to try and isolate the Fan noise?

I'll try that thank you for your fast reply:), hope I will be able to isolate the noise. Since we do troubleshooting I have some squeaking, buzzing noise only when I load 3D application, lucky that the sound is not so loud I think I can live with it, any suggestions about that? I verified that the sounds are from the PSU, strange that with my not so known PSU that I had before it was ok. I have heard that this can be from my video card or motherboard

Ok I am dumb, the noise was coming from my video card cooler:P, the psu is pretty quiet and I am satisfied, glad that the fan is heat controlled:P( no 2800RPM :D). Now I want to ask if that squeaking, buzzing noise it is dangerous or could lead to some bad ending? It is pretty low only in 3d applications, and it sounds different in every game:P. For example if i start prime95 and launch a game in the same time the squeaking, buzzing noise goes away. I think it does this noise only when the PSU is not loaded enough or over 350W :P. Oh well I can live with that. Waiting for a reply so I know if i can stay calm about the noise thing.

Archived