Corsair Community

FlashVoyager 16GB GT Windows 7 problem

kande

I bought a FlashVoyager 16GBGT in September for use with my XP pro machine and all was fine. I have now upgraded to Windows 7 Pro 32-bit and I can no longer use the flash drive. When I plug it into a port the Autoplay window pops up for a few seconds and then disappears, then reappears, then... and so on. If I catch the Autoplay window in time I can get Windows Explorer to come up but it immediately closes.

I have tried it on an XP machine and everything works perfectly. I have reformatted to FAT32 on the XP machine but nothing changes on the Windows 7 machine.

I have tried on the machine's ports and a powered hub.

I do not have access to another Windows 7 machine to test.

Any ideas what my problem might be?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have had serious problems with my Corsair Voyager GT (16Gb) under Windows 7 (64-bit). It was on/off/on/pff repeated untill i plugged it out.

I wondered why and found that the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY driver included in Windows 7 was from 2004.

I found an update to the driver on ASUS homepage - installed it and after that I've had no problems.

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe v.2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Hope this helps...:sunglasse

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received a replacement for the 16GBGT but exactly the same thing is happening that is "there"-"not there" on and on. All OK on XP. Running Win7 32-bit with Gigabyte M61VME-S2 motherboard, 4GB memory, 1TB HDD.

Any suggestions?

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but I am not clear on what you are trying to say???

Please try to use whole sentences to convey your question.

The drive works on any Systems using WinXP but not on your system using Windows 7: Is that what you are trying to say???

If so did you try what mipi suggested?

mipi

Solution that worked for me ...

I have had serious problems with my Corsair Voyager GT (16Gb) under Windows 7 (64-bit). It was on/off/on/pff repeated untill i plugged it out.

I wondered why and found that the ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY driver included in Windows 7 was from 2004.

I found an update to the driver on ASUS homepage - installed it and after that I've had no problems.

Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe v.2

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Hope this helps...

Sorry for not being clear in my reply. You are absolutely correct, it works with any computer using WinXP but I get exactly the same symptoms as mipi. I get repeated on/off/on/off with the autpstart window flashing up then disappearing until I unplug the flash drive.

However, I'm puzzled about the suggestion of using the ASUS motherboard driver utility as I have a Gigabyte motherboard. Also mipi is using Win7 64-bit while I have Win7 Pro 32-bit. I have been to the Gigabyte website but this implies that all necessary drivers are included with Win7.

I am waiting for a reply from support there to if there are any suggestions.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
The point is there may be a driver you need to update and in mipi's case he had an ASUS MB. You have an Gigabyte MB so I would suggest asking Gigabyte about that or searching the chipset makers site for an update.

Hello again. I've tried a number of things to sort out my problem but I'm still looking for any suggestions.

First, I found an old HDD and did a clean install of Windows 7. There were no problems with the Flash Voyager GT and its driver!

As I don't really want to do a full clean install of Windows 7 and all software etc, I did a repair install... BUT this hasn't fixed the problem. What seems to be happening is that the driver for the flash drive is installing, uninstalling, installing and so on. I wanted to try to remove the drivers then reinstall them before I go to a full reinstall of the OS but I don't have the knowledge to know how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to go about this. There seem to be a lot more security barriers compared to the XP I am used to.

Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing my problem without a full reinstall as this is the only issue I have with my setup.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

To be clear:

You did a fresh install of the O.S. Windows 7 on another HDD and there is no problem with the flash drive? Is that correct?

If so then you may want to try and disconnect all USB Devices that are connected and then connect the flash drive and in device manager remove the listing under Disk Drives for the Flash Voyager then from the Bottom up under USB Devices remove everything that listed and please note you will need to do this with a PS2 KB and or Mouse.

Then restart the system and check in device manager that everything is installed before you connect any USB device and try them one at a time once every thing is installed from the MB.

Thanks for the last bit of advice about formatting the HDD. I've followed it. I've been careful to check that the flash drive works at every software/driver/update installation. So far I've had to restore twice when I got the same problem due to conflicting drivers. After installing my scanner (fixed with a restore followed by updated driver) then a windows optional update for my wireless keyboard/mouse (a restore and ignoring the update).

So now things seem to be working OK.

Again, thanks for your suggestions and concern from a grateful Corsair customer.

kande

Archived