Corsair Community

Samsung Firmware Updates For P-Series

Davyc

I've just found out that Samsung are putting together a dedicated website for SSD support from which you will be able to download technical sheets, detailed information about NAND and firmware updates and more.

How this will relate to each of the individual SSD suppliers I'm not sure, in as much as "will the firmware updates work on all Samsung controller based SSDs regardless of M/F?" .... for this we will have to wait and see.

It is encouraging news that at last Samsung is going to offer some kind of dedicated end user support, how good it will be remains to be seen - perhaps for once consumer pressure has paid off. Keep your eyes open for when their new website launches.

samsungssd.com

--> but this is an "old" website

--> "download" - yes

--> firmware - no

Although I would appreciate a TRIM-support for my P256 I agree with your posts and threads (in this respect) that a tested firmware next month is better than a beta-firmware today ...

The site I'm on about is not up and running yet .... this is something *new* that Samsung are going to deliver when it's ready.

Do you work at Samsung? Just curious how you're on a site that's not operational.

-Joe

Edit: I may have misunderstood your posting where you say "The site I'm on ..."

I must have misunderstood "The site I'm on" part and I was hoping he did work for Samsung because that would lend some real hope things were moving forward.

all you need to do is go to samsungssd.com, and send them an online form, they will email back you in 2 days. Instead of asking the firmware here, we should ask samsung because its samsung's responsibility, not corsair. So you can contact samsung directly, and don't need to take a route.

"site I'm on about", as in talking about :)

Keep in mind that installing firmware that's not approved by Corsair voids the warranty, although I haven't heard of anyone being able to flash a Samsung controller as of yet.

coz Samsung didn't release the firmware to the public, and they only give the GC firmware to the OEM company. by the end of this month samsung will release a new firmware to the public tho, so I believe this is only for Samsung branded SSD, not for Corsair or other brand, as Wired mentioned, Corsair user can only get the firmware from corsair website, not samsung, unless you don't want your warranty.

Archived