Corsair Community

H50 Push/Pull Exhaust in Positive Airflow Case

FriedRice84

Just saying hi!

I just ordered parts for a new Core i5 system and was considering the H50 for my CPU cooling solution.

I know that it's recommended that I have the fan on the radiator acting as an intake for best results.

There's one problem with that though. My Silverstone RV02 has 3 180mm intakes and a single 120mm exhaust. The case is a very high positive airflow case. If I use the H50 as recommended, I don't see a way of rearranging the fans in the case to accommodate the H50. If I change one of my intakes on the RV02, it'll seriously mess up the air flow in the case. The air inside the case is VERY cool even with the fans on low so it might help.

So, the only choice I can see is to mount the H50 as an exhaust and use a push/pull configuration.

Here's a pic of the interior the RV02 if anyone doesn't know what it looks like

http://www.testfreaks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/windowslivewritersilverstoneravenrv02iscomimgsooninthemid-797crv02-features-2.jpg

Will doing that negate the performance hit of using the H50 as an exhaust?

I'd really appreciate the help guys!

I have a simialr problem. If the air in your case is warmer the the outside ambient the CPU will run a little hotter. You know the fan does not have to blow in or out of the case. You could simply find a way to mount it "side or edge on" to the case with just the hose entering the case.

That doesn't sound too appealing though. I'd like the entire system to be contained inside the case.

I believe the 180mm fans can be replaced with 140/120mm fans but then the hoses would be far too short to reach the CPU socket. Even if the hoses were long enough, they would reach over the RAM slots making it a pain to add/remove memory :(:

I got a Raven RV01. I got mine mounted in the recommended setup BUT knowing that 2 4870's put out alot of hot air, I made a divider out of foam between the blow hole area and where the video card exhaust are at to go under the top panel. I'll know for sure how it does when my 1156 bracket comes in. The theory sounds good so far.

As long as you don't have heat issues inside your case you will not have any issues using it as an exhaust. I have the 1200 case and use push/pull exhaust because the air inside my case is cooler than the air behind my case. I have three PCs sitting next to each other and one of them blows a ton of warm air to the rear of the systems so intake from the rear doesn't work for me. You should be fine.

As long as you don't have heat issues inside your case you will not have any issues using it as an exhaust. I have the 1200 case and use push/pull exhaust because the air inside my case is cooler than the air behind my case. I have three PCs sitting next to each other and one of them blows a ton of warm air to the rear of the systems so intake from the rear doesn't work for me. You should be fine.

Same here, though I have the TT Spedo AP.......like a (fairly quiet) wind tunnel so my i7 is kept pretty cool :D

• Corsair Employee
We have not tested the airflow of that case so any comment from us would be speculative at best. I can tell you that the fan and radiator can be mounted in any orientation, so you can try out different set ups and see which is the most efficient. You want the coolest air possible to be blowing through the radiator in order to get the lowest CPU temps.

Archived