Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C8D v3.1 problems

tolagarf

Bought parts for a new PC about a week ago, and I've been having some stability issues with this new build. I'm suspecting a compatability issue with the TR3X6G1600C8D v3.1 memory modules. The system isn't stable if the modules are set to run above 1066 MHz, no matter what settings I use.

I've tried using XMP and God knows what.. Tried following the manual setup guides here on the forums. I've tested with Prime 95 and Real Temp 3.0, and stressing the system at either 1333 or 1600 MHz RAM speeds, will freeze the system after about 15-30 mins at full load. Also Adobe Flash Player seems to freeze my system when a video is playing using flash, if either 1333 or 1600 MHz setting is used. Will *only* run stable at 1066 MHz.

I've also ran Windows 7's own memory compatability test and Memtest+ 2.11, however neither of those will detect any faults at even 1600 MHz, which really surprised me.. Even tried to install Windows Vista x64, and it froze dead on installing both network drivers and running Windows Update (Windows 7 doesn't, oddly enough).

So before I start shooting anyone, my guess is it could probably be either the memory modules, or mainboard, or the CPU. However I find the latter very unlikely.

Maybe I completely missed something, help is appreciated.

Update:

I've managed to get the memory run at 1333 MHz rock stable, by manually setting the timings of 9-10-10-25 1.5v. These timings were suggested by CPU-id, as JEDEC#3 settings, which is rather odd as the memory is supposted to be able to run 9-9-9-24 1.5v at 1333 MHz.

Yesterday I ordered another set of these memory modules which should arrive today. Will update asap when I get them.

Got the new set of modules in the mail today, installed them, and they run perfect at XMP settings 8-8-8-24 1600 MHz 1.65v/1.275v. So far it seems atleast. These are revision 3.2 however. I've had no freezes or crashes, and currently running a stress test with prime95 50mins in.

Going to return the other modules with my online retailer.

Case closed, so far I guess. Thanks.

Archived