Corsair Community

DFI LP LT X48-T2R + TWIN2X4096-8500C5D = Memtest errors and programs crashing

Mad1723

I got myself a brand new motherboard and I have problems with my Dominator kit.

At stock settings for CPU, 800Mhz DRAM, 2.00V on the RAM and 1.5V on the NB, I'm still getting errors in Memtest86+ 2.11. I'd like to know if there are certain settings I should know of that will fix my problems? The whole setup is stock, bios is from October 2008, not updated, received it as is.

The rest of the setup is in my profile. Please help me, I'm tired of memory issues (had some other kind of issues with my "old" P5Q-Deluxe).

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Edit: Oh, and timings are on auto, because they are reported correctly in CPU-Z, they are the same than the SPD profile #1

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived