Corsair Community

CM2X2048-6400C5C and Asus P5N-E SLI

stevvi

Hi,

I recently bought a pack of 2 of the above memory sticks, updated my BIOS to 1301 and put them in. Having tried every possible combination slots and resetting the BIOS to defaults, all I ever get when switching the power on is a black screen and sometimes a constant beep. I can't even get into the BIOS. I'm using my old memory at present which is obviously fne.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Have just tried putting one of the new sticks in and everything works fine. If I put in 2 then the above happens. The PC boots up fine with 2 CMS2 1gb sticks

2nd Edit: Just tried it again with one stick and it won't boot using either of them now.

• Corsair Employee
Can you test the modules on another MB to be sure, and with 4 modules you would likely have to set the memory frequency to DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH Voltage to +.2 Volts over default.

Thanx for the reply.

I can't test the RAM on another motherboard as I don't have one. This is really just supposed to be a simple upgrade to the family PC.

I am yet to be so adventurous as to try 4 sticks in the machine as it would be nice to get it working with one, and especially 2 (so I can have 4gb).

As said, everything is fine with my 2x1gb memory but if I put the new sticks near the machine it throws a tantrum. Any ideas?

Many thanx again.

PS. am away for a few days but please do reply!

I have tried using them one at a time and the machine booted once out of about 8 tries. All other times the BIOS didn't even boot. I was just left with a blank screen which sometimes beeped. Actually running a memory test would seem a little optimistic at this stage ;)

Thanx again.

Archived