Corsair Community

Timings

Labyrinth.

Hello, i was wondering what the difference is between these timings

5-5-5-15

or as my motherboard keeps setting them to

5-5-5-18

Would the 18 increase stablity? my motherboard and the other asrock board always set the memory at 5-5-5-18 although when purchased it states 5-5-5-15 even though it is running below 1066mhz

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply so what would be best because the packaging says 5-5-5-15 but the BIOS/motherboard says 5-5-5-18

i have set the voltage to 2.10 but the reason i asked is because when i overclock to 3.6ghz the memory is becomes unstable although its under its 1066mhz value

So what am i best doing at the moment its running at 3.44ghz and the memory at about 1074mhz which is stable im getting 1074 by using the DRAM strap (i think its called in the bios)

but when i clock the cpu higher at 3.6 the ram, i will lower to 900mhz however i get an appcrash with games so does this mean that the ram timings are unstable? or should i stick to 3.44ghz ? and the ram at 1073?

also does this matter also?

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/39131/ramration.jpg

the ram/cpu ratio is different but would it matter since the ram is operating just slightly above the 1066 which pretty much the full power of the ram

Thanks,

• Corsair Employee
If its stable at these settings then the memory is fine and if you try to go more and its failing then you may be trying to get too much or try and lower the CPU Multiplier and play with the CPU and NB Voltage and you may need to lower the memory frequency a bit more..

Archived