Corsair Community

2gb Dominator Stick on DFI LP DK 790FXB-M3H5

Dopamin3

Hello. I am trying to run 1 stick of Corsair Dominator memory (part #CM3X2G1600C8D according to CPU-Z, believe it is listed on this site as "TR3X6G1600C8D") in my DFI LP DK 790FXB-M3H5. I set the timings like they're supposed to be (1600mhz @ 8-8-8-24-41 2T with voltage @ 1.657v) and the board fails memtest86 fairly quickly and system instability is noted within Windows. Currently running 1333mhz with 7-7-7-24 with no problems. The board is running bios 0402 and the memory module is in the far right orange spot. Included is a pic from my bios. Thanks

update: flashed to newest beta bios D7SD617 which supposedly "Enhance DDR3 Memory module performance" but memtest still fails at test #5. On an unrelated note, this bios does not allow for cores to be unlocked using ACC either...

ram.thumb.jpg.8b542e486317b537f41e3d4745caf579.jpg

• Corsair Employee

O.K. then why are you asking?

The MB makers will take the locks and limits off of the BIOS so they are more easy to over clock, so even though a setting is there that does not mean that the system will run at that setting, as it may be dependent on other settings and CPU FSB.

O.K. then why are you asking?

The MB makers will take the locks and limits off of the BIOS so they are more easy to over clock, so even though a setting is thee that does not mean that the system will run at that settings it is dependent on other settings and CPU FSB.

Well I have already tried something like that. I set my FSB to 240 and the ram divider to 1333 which would make the memory run at 1600mhz, and I bump down my multi very low and the computer won't POST. I will mess with it a little more now.

It will vary with MB and CPU but the top end we saw with that MB when we tested it was about DDR1500. Reason given was wait for the CPU's and BIOS to mature.

From what I've been reading people only have trouble running all 4 banks @ 1600mhz. I guess it is the board that can't handle it. Thanks for the replies. Another possible cause is that I am running my x2 550 with 4 cores enabled. The batch number is one that unlocks and it passes 8 hours prime95 small fft so it is very stable, but perhaps the memory controller is somewhat not up to spec?

edit: forgot to say it isn't stable with just the 2 cores either because I tried the newest bios and it didn't support the core unlocking.

Archived