Corsair Community

Bad Memory Module CM2X1024-8500C5D

Good evening,

I wanted to find out how to setup and RMA for my module I have tried it one two seperate motherboards EVGA 680i and Gigabyte EP45 and when it is installed by itself the system will not even post and emits a high pitched whine before the PC shuts down.

In addition I have the Dominator 3 fan memory fan and one of the fans is emitting a high pitched squel can I buy a new fan and replace it myself or do I need to send it in?

Any help in these matters is greatly appreciated since I did not find my memory module listed in the online RMA form but I may be blind.

Cheers

OGzrBuddha

The part number you might need to look under is the set Part # TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF. Also make sure you have your setting correct:

Frequency at 1066Mhz

Memory Voltage: 2.1v

TCL: 5

TRCD: 5

TRP: 5

TRAS: 15

Command Per Clock: 2T

I am sure you can replace the fan by itself under part # CMXAF1 if the memory modules do function correctly! =)

The part number you might need to look under is the set Part # TWIN2X2048-8500C5DF. Also make sure you have your setting correct:

Frequency at 1066Mhz

I am sure you can replace the fan by itself under part # CMXAF1 if the memory modules do function correctly! =)

Thank you for the reply do you know if the fan is covered under warranty? I looked this morning and it looks I would have to pry part of the lid off to access the fans does that sound right?

In addition if I remeber correctly I should also have the memory set to unlinked if I am not mistaken, does that sound right?

Thanks much for the assist.

Reid

• Corsair Employee
Thank you for the reply do you know if the fan is covered under warranty? I looked this morning and it looks I would have to pry part of the lid off to access the fans does that sound right?

In addition if I remember correctly I should also have the memory set to unlinked if I am not mistaken, does that sound right?

Do not take the Fan apart that will VOID the warranty, just get it replaced and yes unlinked if you want to over clock the CPU

Do not take the Fan apart that will VOID the warranty, just get it replaced and yes unlinked if you want to over clock the CPU

Thanks Ram Guy,

I did not take the fan apart I have set up the two modules for RMA and I am awating a reply I also mentioned the fan assembly should I include it all in the same package or generate a new RMA for the fan?

Also I have upgraded the motherboard to an EVGA 780i 132-CK-NF78-TR, I have the memory set to Auto and the timings set to

When I set the memory to unlinked it BSOD the box. I do not have the Proc OC I am wondering if I am missing something since when I leave it as Auto it runs the memory as 800 instead of 1066? Any thoughts?

Thanks you all in advance for your assistance.

Cheers

OGzrBuddha

• Corsair Employee
Make sure that you have the latest BIOS then load setup defaults and set the tested settings manually then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and if setting the memory frequency unlinked or linked changes the results then there is a BIOS issue and I would suggest testing the memory in a known working system to be sure.

Archived