Corsair Community

750TX Making 'Soft' Clicking Noise

BrancoBlace

Hey All,

i just bought a 750TX for my new system (see my specs). A few days after it starts making a soft clicking sound. I've confirmed that no cables, etc. are in the way of the fan (and i found this in the tech support Q&A for my PS

Q: My power supply is making a loud clicking noise, how can I stop it?

A: Please check to make sure the fan isn’t hitting anything. If there’s a wire or a piece of paper sticking in past the fan grill, it’s possible the fan is hitting it and making noise. If not, you may have a bad power supply.

)

What do you all think? It sounds to me like the PS fan bearings are going out?

thx

Branco

• Corsair Employee
If you stop the fan (using something non conductive) does the sound go away? If so, then I would try loosening the 4 fan screws on the bottom of the unit about a 1/4 turn and see if the fan is able to realign itself. If it still does not fix it then we can replace the unit for you. You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

• Corsair Employee
Excellent, Thanks RAMGUY.

Will stopping the fan once its at idle speed damage the fan at all?

Should not cause any problems, just want to see if it is indeed the fan causing the sound or possibly a buzzing capacitor.

Archived