Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6

michael347

Hi I am currently running the TW2X4GB8500C5DF with BIOS F7 of the motherboard under MS Windows Vista ultimate x64. With this setup there are no memory issues and the modules run at 1066mhz. I use virtual machines fairly frequently and thought it may be beneficial to fill my 2 remaining slots with another set of identical modules for a total of 8gb. Although I have already ordered the additional modules I have the option to return them for a full refund provided I don't open the packaging.

Will this motherboard support 8gb of this RAM and what BIOS changes if any would be required?

Are there likely to be any drawbacks or side effects to this upgrade, and although I keep multiple backups would there be any risk to my data?

If I do fill all 4 slots is it a good idea to leave all the BIOS memory settings to automatic and let the motherboard set banwidth and timings automatically?

If there are stability issues will they show up as just OS crashes or data corruption as well?

Thankyou for your help.

• Corsair Employee
With 4 modules I would suggest setting the memory frequency at DDR667 or DDR800 and set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts and set the NB/MCH/SPP Voltage to +.2 Volts as well and test the system with http://www.memtest.org. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived