Corsair Community

Corsair 1000w PSU with 4870 x2 mking hissing noise

mistargill

I have this PSU with 4870 x2 paired up and It's making hissing noise. Is there a fix for this? This happens the worst when I play 3d games by the way.

Edit* My front audio is making static noise. Funny thing is it sounds identical to hissing/static noise that power supply and my gpu makes (unable to use headphone, cause of annoyance). I'm going to test with different PSU tomorrow and give an update

Ok I tested with my friend's 650watt pwersupply and It didn't have any porblem running my settings and did not make any hissing sounds. I am quite upset. I spent a lot of money on this and now it's not working as it's supposed to. The PSU's voltage drops significantly when I run games. my 12v rail doesnt go above 11.77 (in bios and HWMonitor) and drops to 11.60 when running games. my +5v line drops in voltage also... What do I do now?

• Corsair Employee

I would force Vsync on in your games (or via the video drivers), to see if the noise still persists. If the noise stays the same, then lets get the HX1000 replaced. I would not trust the BIOS or hardware voltage readings, the only way to know for sure would be to use a digital multimeter.

If the PSU needs to be replaced, then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

What brand are the cards that you are using?

RAM GUY. It was Gigabyte brand 4870 x2 other two thread I read in this forum have been the same card from Gigabyte. Maybe it's the Gigabyte's fault? I don't know. I won't know until about 3 weeks. I'm returning the PSU, 4870x2 and my hard drives, due to mixture of problems.[Don't worry not COrsair's fault] When I get my refunds and replacements. I will be doing the same set up, but not Gigabyte's 4870 x2. I'm gonna give corsair 1000hx another go :sunglasse

Archived