Corsair Community

Asus Maximus Extreme and Dominator 1800C7DF

brokdale77evo

Hello,

I found some problems with my Dominator 1800C7DF , in step 1800 7-7-7-20 2.0v my system is hang if run few minute is problem not Proc but RAM feat Motherboard, my procie can stable 4.2GHz with 1.32v

System

Intel Core 2 E8500

Asus Maximus Extreeme

Corsair Dominator 1800C7DF rev 3.1

HX620

my RAM doesn't stable in 1800 7-7-7-20 2.0v, i try 2.04v is same, 2.1v too hard problem, is HANG after few minute RUN

please can give me some advice

i used Vmch 1.67v

Vdimm 2.0-2.10v

timing 7-7-7-20-A-88- All auto

Transaction booster Disabled

AI Moderat

please tell me my dominator 1800c7df with rev 3.1, is guaranteed D9GTR/GTS or maybe now D9JNL, because i try another D9JNL kit problem is same, can't run 1800, stuck on 1700

my maximus very hate with D9JNL i dont know why???

thanks for you advice or info

best regards

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 1.9 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 2 months later...

I currently have 4x1 GBs of another brand that should run at 1600, they may very well run at 1600 for all that I know, however when I put more than 2 GB in the RAM slots it crashes on booting. Reading elsewhere & confirmed by this (expansive DDR3) experience I've figured out that my particular memory isn't compatable with XP 64, though apparently the 4 GBs works fine with Vista!

I've never seen Vista, don't ever plan on it- after everyone I've known to get it has as quickly as possible down gradded back to XP (32bit AFAIK), that's why I got myself XP 64 - hence why I want to replace / upgrade to 4 GB of RAM.

AIUI the Maximus Extreme is designed to run by default at 1333, but can be OCed to run at 1600 or possibly even 1800. My main concern is to buy 4 GB of new RAM that will actually work at the very least at 1333 but if possible at 1600 would be better. I'm asking if I really ought to be looking at Corsair 1333or 1600 or 1800 that a will funtion as 4 GBs with XP 64 & 2ndly at 1600?

Archived