Corsair Community

Epox: EP-8HDA3+ & Corsair Memory

brux_boy

Ram Guy: I’m planning on building (1st time to try :roll:) the following rig: Athlon 64 3200 +2.0 or 3400+ Epox EP-8HDA3+ Corsair Memory Radeon 9800XT 256 MB APG Audigy 2 ZS Platinum 2x Western Digital 36.7GB SATA 10000RPM in RAID 0 1x Western Digital 120GB SATA 7200RPM Plextor DVD/CD etc….. The EP-8HDA3+ has two slots for memory and I would like to know if Corsair produces a set of XMS memory that will total 2GB. I know that this cannot be achieved in DDR400 with the Athlon 64, but I think that it might with DDR333 (? :sigh!:). If 2GB cannot be achieved, what would you suggest for 1 GB? Thanks for your help! -Brux Boy

[quote name='RAM GUY']Yes! Twinx2048-3200![/QUOTE] I built almost the same setup, except: nVidia 5950 ultra Maxtor 160gb Sata Only in my system I'm using 2 sticks of CMX512-3200LLPRO. I've had nothing but issues with the system. Taking 5 hours to get a install of XP PRO and that was only after yanking 1 stick of ram out of the board. Applied SP1, then attempted to do Windows Updates. System rejected the updates as not being 'signed' by MS and then self-rebooted. Now the system reboots everytime it gets to the XP load screen. I've tried everything, flashing the bios, setting the bios to safe mode, trying windows in safe mode. Nothing works. I didn't mess with any of the ram settings in the bios, or any other settings for that matter. Question for the Ram guy: In getting the 2 sticks CMX512-3200LLPRO, did I purchase the wrong ram for my system? Should I have gotten the TWINX1024-3200LL instead? Thanks!

[quote name='RAM GUY']What is the make and model of MB you have and the CPU speed and it's FSB you have installed?[/QUOTE] Mobo: Epox EP-8HDA3+ CPU: AMD 64 3200+ (2.01 ghz) Right now everything is running stock speed.

• Corsair Employee
Please test the modules one at time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and let’s make sure one is not failing. In addition, with 2 modules you should have them in slots 1-3 if you have 3 slots and I would try and set the timings to Cass 2-3-3-6 when you have them both installed and set the dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts! I would also get the latest bios as well!

I'll do MEMTEST86 again, indiviually. But the board (8HDA3+) only has 2 slots, so, I can only insert into slots 1 & 2. I flashed the Bios last night to the most recent update from the Epox site. I'll fill you in after I run run the tests. Quick question: In getting the 2 sticks CMX512-3200LLPRO, did I purchase the wrong ram for my system? Should I have gotten the TWINX1024-3200LL instead? Any discernable difference?

• Corsair Employee
Sorry for the late reply! And No they are the same memory module, only difference is the activity LED's on the pro version! In addition, if you have a AMD 64 system, you may have to run the memory at DDR333 with more than one module. Or try a more relaxed setting like Cass 2-3-3-6!

Archived