Corsair Community

Mon alimentation VX550W fait du bruit

wiwi77

Salut,

Je suis français et je ne parle pas bien l'anglais.

Le ventilateur de mon alimentation VX550W tourne à fond quand je joue à Race Driver GRID. Je ne sais pas si c'est normal.

Mon frère à une VX450W et elle ne fait pas de bruit dans Race Driver GRID et sa carte graphique est une GeForce 9600GT.

Merci de me répondre en français.

Bonne journée.

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately we do not have any French speaking representatives in technical support. I tried to use a translator to read your post and it sounds like either the fan on your PSU is not moving at all, or it moving too fast and is making too much noise? You may want to contact your reseller for support in your own language otherwise please post in English and we will be happy to help you!

Yep, he finds that the fan of his PSU is running to fast while he plays at GRID, and he asked whether this is normal.

The VX450 of his brother, with a 9600GT, seems to be quieter with the same game.

Maybe his card needs more power.

The fan of my VX550W turns very very faster when I play Race Driver GRID. I do not know if it is normal. My brother have got a VX450W and she does not make noise in Race Driver GRID and his graphic card is GeForce 9600GT.

• Corsair Employee

I would suggest swapping PSUs or video cards to see if you can isolate the issue. If the problem follows the PSU, then we should get it replaced, however if the problem stays with the system or video card, then there may be some other problem.

If it looks like a replacement will resolve the issues then please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

You may also want to contact your reseller to see if they have any RMA options that would be more convenient for you than shipping the PSU back to us.

Also, lechoup, thanks for the translation help!

Archived