Corsair Community

Ram Guy - Help PLease

aMRedneck

Here are a few specs: DFI Ultra Infinity Version A+ Athlon XP2100 B core CPU 1 Stick XMS 512 PC3200 C2PT V1.2 1 Stick XMS 512 PC3200 C2PT V3.2 ( I think) I have have several issues trying to run stable at 200x10. I am not sure if it is a MB, CPU or Ram. I have tried running on an Abit NF7-S board as well and seem to have the same instability issues. I went a step further and ram Memtest version on the ram at dual channel at 133 mhz and got errors. Then I ran the Ver 3.2 stick last night at 200x10 and at pass 15 I started getting errors. It did fine up till that point. I think. Tonight I will try the other stick to see how it does. I will let you know what I find. I was wondering if these errors in memtest can be ram only errors or cpu errors because of the 133 FSB of the CPU. Can you give me any advice? Thanks, Redneck

• Corsair Employee
First thing, That CPU May not run at that speed, to make sure you are not fighting the limits of your CPU. Please test the modules one at a time at the tested settings. For Rev 1.2 Cass 2-3-3-6 For Rev 3.X Cass 2.5-3-3-6 CPU Freq: 133 Mhz Memory Freq ratio: 3-4 / 4-5 / 125% Resulting DRAM Clock: 166 MHz DRAM Timing (overrides SPD values): Manual System Performance: Normal SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 6 SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3 SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3 SDRAM CAS Latency: 2 for Rev 1.2 and 2.5 for Rev 3.x Then please test them one at time with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url]. If they both pass the above testing that would suggest that you just be hitting the limit of your CPU. And I wouold try them both at Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts.

OK here is my last test. I put the XMS 512 ver 1.2 in and setup like you described. I get a long beep followed by another when I setup for the ver 1.2. If I pull my cmos jumper and rebppt to optimal default settingd it boots. This particullar stick is not working well at all. I have the version 3.2 in here now, it seens to run ok. What do I do? This ram should easily run 200 FSB and maybe more. I would like to send it back for a replacement. I spent 145.00 for this stick at newegg and would like to get it running. Is there a possiblity of getting a matched set for these 2 sticks. So I can run Dual? Thanks, DW

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry, but the only way to get a matched set would be to purchase the Twinx set. You might go ahead and submit the RMA for the Rev 1.2 module and you should get a new one like you just got. Or if you just purchased these both, you can ask the reseller if they will let you send them back for a Twinx set!

Archived