Corsair Community

DX48BT2, X38/X48 and Corsair DDR3

NicholasDX48BT2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first blue screens i've gotten since I put the boards in and they registered incorrectly.

tried the ends of both ranges. higher voltages were more stable yesterday, but blue'd over night. at the lower end of the ranges, blue'd right away.

I'm thinking I should not have to tweak these boards anyway...

Just want a stable system at this point. any suggestions on which boards I should get when I return these ones?

I have the DX48DT2 and have had the same issues with posting, freezes and have found conflicting info in the Intel technical docs. One says populate blue ram slots first, the other says black. Tech support on the phone says one blue and one black of channel B. Tried that (4 gig only) and so far it works. I think this board has some definite bios issues. System ram speed in bios only reports 1066, not 1600. Override ram speed is 1600 in bios. Intel has no 1600 speed ram listed in their compatibility list! For comparison, I have a DX38BT system as well. The system ram speed is 1333, and the system memory speed is 1333. It is rock solid operating-wise, but has the same post issues with starting and stopping. This has something to do with watchdog timer, according to tech support.

• Corsair Employee

The memory slots are very important and I would try and set the memory Voltage to 1.9 Volts if you still have problems. And for sure get the latest BIOS and then load setup defaults before you set the memory settings.

And with Intel Chipsets you cannot run the memory faster than the CPU FSB.

• 2 weeks later...

I just put a new rig together this evening and have been noticing the same problems (DX48DT2 with DHX DDR3 at 1333, Q9400). Manually set the reference frequency, memory frequency, voltage, and timings to their correct values (9-9-9-24 @ 1.7V). Even so, I'm experiencing the power cycling issue, although I too noticed it went away if I removed the auxillary power from the video card (a 9800 GTX). I've got plenty of power going to the board with a 750W Zalman PSU.

Curiously, I noticed in the BIOS hardware monitor that the 1.5V line was *way* low. It never went above 1.25V.

Will the 1.9V suggestion really do that much good? Seems like the board is allowing stuff to draw on 1.5V that shouldn't, preventing it from booting.

• 2 weeks later...

hello from italy (sorry for my english)

I want to bring my testimony

I had the same problem with the DX48BT2 "unsuccessful post attempt (s)..."

I have NOT Corsair, my RAM is :

4 GB G . S K I L L DDR3-1600 (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ)

CPU QX9650

I have 2 hard disk SATA (1 TB Hitachi , 320 GB Western Digital whit windows xp professional)

I installed the latest bios: BTX3810J.86A.1814.EB.EXE

Everything works fine now! Super !

I've been through this forum how to solve my problem, thanks to all

Archived