Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX One Stick Showing Up Incorrectly

JjcampNR

Sorry for the delay, I've been out of town for a while. I'll try putting static read/write back to enabled and see how it goes. I did enable static reads for a while per your suggestion and didn't see any issues in memtest or Windows - however there was also no increase in memory bandwidth with just static reads set to auto (and writes disabled). I'll flip static writes on and report back.

Thanks!!!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However there was also no increase in memory bandwidth with just static reads set to auto (and writes disabled). I'll flip static writes on and report back.

The setting needs to be enabled as Auto and Disabled are identical.

• Corsair Employee
BIOS options are often times confusing and the Default is not always apparent but if the setting appears to be a double negative then that is the setting for NO or Disabled. IE if the answer or options for the answer are two No's then it normally takes both negative answers to make the setting negative or no! Hope that makes sense!

OK, so to start slowly and see how it goes since my current settings have been stable (but far slower than my system can run) I have the following settings in my BIOS.

Everything on Auto in AiTweaker except the following:

RAM Speed: DDR3-1066

Static Read: Enabled

Static Write: Enabled

DRAM Voltage: 1.70

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Memtest and Prime95 run fine with no errors. My old "known stable" settings are exactly the same as those above except Static Read/Write were both set to disabled. With static read/write disabled the system has been very stable for me (no freezes) for the last week or two of 24/7 use. When I flip static read/write on, the only differences I see in memtest are:

L1 Cache = 43797 MB/s (on) compared to 43798 MB/s (off)

L2 Cache = 18682 MB/s (on) compared to 18683 MB/s (off)

RAM = 4975 MB/s (on) compared to 4745 MB/s (off)

For both CPU shows up as 2672MHz, FSB is 334, RAM is 534MHz / DDR 1068. Once memtest passes a few runs later on tonight I'll kick off Prime95 and see how that goes.

Just to be double sure with cheese - Static Read/Write ENABLED is better for stability and (from the results above, obviously) RAM throughput?

I'm a bit confused since a lot of the settings I was provided earlier have static read/write explicitly marked as "Disabled" so I'm a bit surprised to see it mentioned that with static read/write disabled there may be stability issues. I completely trust you guys, you're the experts, I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding what you're saying.

Thanks!

OK, so to start slowly and see how it goes since my current settings have been stable (but far slower than my system can run) I have the following settings in my BIOS.

Everything on Auto in AiTweaker except the following:

RAM Speed: DDR3-1066

Static Read: Enabled

Static Write: Enabled

DRAM Voltage: 1.70

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Memtest and Prime95 run fine with no errors. My old "known stable" settings are exactly the same as those above except Static Read/Write were both set to disabled. With static read/write disabled the system has been very stable for me (no freezes) for the last week or two of 24/7 use. When I flip static read/write on, the only differences I see in memtest are:

L1 Cache = 43797 MB/s (on) compared to 43798 MB/s (off)

L2 Cache = 18682 MB/s (on) compared to 18683 MB/s (off)

RAM = 4975 MB/s (on) compared to 4745 MB/s (off)

For both CPU shows up as 2672MHz, FSB is 334, RAM is 534MHz / DDR 1068. Once memtest passes a few runs later on tonight I'll kick off Prime95 and see how that goes.

Just to be double sure with cheese - Static Read/Write ENABLED is better for stability and (from the results above, obviously) RAM throughput?

I'm a bit confused since a lot of the settings I was provided earlier have static read/write explicitly marked as "Disabled" so I'm a bit surprised to see it mentioned that with static read/write disabled there may be stability issues. I completely trust you guys, you're the experts, I just want to make sure I'm not misunderstanding what you're saying.

Thanks!

Set to enabled for faster throughput and to Auto/Disabled for stability testing if you have issues.

Gotcha, thanks! I've had static read/write enabled for a day or more now and it's been fine running Prime95 and Memtest over a large number of passes. I'll look at implementing some of the other settings you listed earlier and see how it goes. Thanks again for helping me get this system stable, it was a bit more of a pain than I had expected thanks to the BIOS instability.

AI Tweaker

Configure System Performance Settings

Ai Overclock Tuner = Manual.
CPU Ratio Setting = 8
FSB Strap to Northbridge = 333
DRAM Frequency = DDR3-1333
DRAM Command Rate = 2N
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel A = Auto
DRAM CLK Skew on Channel B = Auto
DRAM Timing Control = Manual
CAS# Latency =  9
RAS# to CAS# Delay = 9
RAS# PRE Time = 9
RAS# ACT Time = 24
All Else to Auto
DRAM Static Read Control = Auto
DRAM Dynamic Write Control = Auto
Transaction Booster = Auto

CPU Voltage = 1.20
CPU PLL Voltage = 1.5
FSB Termination Voltage = Auto
DRAM Voltage = 1.8v
NB Voltage = 1.45v
SB Voltage = Auto
Clock Over-Charging Voltage = Auto
Load Line Calibration = Enabled
CPU GTL Voltage Reference = Auto
NB GTL Voltage Reference = Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum = Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum = Disabled

OK, I used the settings above which differed slightly from what DerekT posted and got a BSOD with STOP 0x00000101 - Clock Interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval. The only differences from what DerekT originally posted was:

SB Voltage -> Auto (1.5V was over the max setting) I think was 1.2V was the max.

FSB Termination Voltage -> Auto (instead of 1.25v). The BIOS said that 1.10 was what the BIOS sets as normal when a 45nm chip is detected so I set to Auto and figured I'd come back here and check with you guys.

Thoughts on where to go from here? I'm going to try these settings again and get some RealTemp data. I have CPU-Z screens but they look normal so here's the info:

DRAM Freq: 667.9MHz

FSB:DRAM: 1:2

CAS: 9.0

RAS->CAS: 9

RAS Pre: 9

Cycle: 24

Command: 2T

Core Voltage 1.184v

FSB: 333.9MHz

Core 2003.6MHz

Multi: 6.0 (speed step scale down I'm sure)

Rated FSB: 1335.7MHz

This board is so incredibly voltage sensitive I can't believe it. I'm still trying to get my memory running at DDR3-1333; right now everything is at Auto except the Static Read/Write are set to Enabled (enabled or disabled didn't make a difference with memtest throwing an error), memory voltage is at 1.8v, and the memory frequency is explicitly set at DDR3-1333.

In memtest, I see the following:

L1: 43798 MB/s
L2: 18683 MB/s
RAM: 5218 MB/s, 668 MHz, DDR3-1336, CAS 9-9-9-24
FSB: 334 

Memtest throws errors but Prim95 runs without issue for as long as I let it (so far it's run 2+ hours without a problem). I've double checked and Legacy USB is definitely disabled so I'm not sure what to tweak from here. I'll try setting memory timings, FSB speed, and strap manually but the more voltage settings I take off of auto the less luck I'm having getting things to work correctly. There's also a beta BIOS that's been circulating over the last day or two so I may try that and see how it goes, it's rumored to fix performance issues with my Nvidia 9800GX2 as well so who knows maybe I'll get lucky with it.

Thoughts on what else to try?

Archived