Corsair Community

P4C800-E Deluxe

cgcmgr

It's been a while since I've been on the message board. I have the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard running Corsair XMS3500C2 memory. The memory is 2 chips totalling 1gb. In the beginning there was problems with Corsair memory working with these boards with tight timings. I believe the recommended settings were: SDRAM Configuration: Manual SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM RAS Precharge (tRP): 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T Is this still the way to go or is there a different recommendation now that many BIOS have been made since day one? What is recommended DRAM Burst Length? I can choose either 4 clocks or 8 clocks Sorry if this question has already been answered Chris

• Corsair Employee
cgcmgr, Let me try and make this as clear as possible, you can try any setting you like however; we can officially only suggest or support the tested settings that are listed for the specific module that you have one up! And there has never been any problem with XMS3500C2 with this MB as far as I know! In fact they are listed on ASUS's QVL list for this MB! Un-officially, I would try and set the timings to Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to “3” and set the Dim Voltage to 2.75 Volts to start with and you can use [url]www.memtest.org[/url] to test the system however; you will need to disable legacy USB support when running memtest!

Archived