Corsair Community

RMA question

najaboy

Hello,

I submitted a RMA request (case 519462) via Tech Support Express late last week. I heard back from Tech Support that evening with some troubleshooting advice, and I replied back on Saturday, but have yet to hear back from them again.

In a nutshell, here's my problem... The system operated normally for a period of one year until this past Friday. When powering up Friday, I was unable to boot into Windows normally and in Safe Mode. Each time, I was presented with a BSOD with varying Stop Errors such as PFN List Corrupt and Memory Management. I attempted to boot from the Vista DVD thinking that it may have been a software-related malfunction. When booting from the DVD, I was also getting a BSOD about 80% of the time. The other times, I was able to get as far as being able to run the Windows Memory Diagnostic. It indicated errors before even reaching 1%. I removed a pair of DIMMs and was able to boot normally without any problems. I then swapped the known good DIMMs into the slots that the suspected bad DIMMs were previously in. Again, the system booted normally with no problems.

At that time, I submitted a RMA request through Tech Support Express. They responded, asking me to check voltages and timings, which were already set at the defaults of 2.1 and 4-4-4-12 (TWIN2X2048-6400C4D) and to run Memtest. With the known good DIMMs, Memtest indicated no errors. With the suspected bad DIMMs, errors were also indicated even before reaching 1%.

Finally, I'd just like to add that I apparently indicated the wrong part number when filling out my RMA request. I gave CM2X1024-6400C4D as I was reading it off one of the DIMMs. In actuality, I should have selected TWIN2X2048-6400C4D.

Archived