Corsair Community

TWIN3X2048-1800C7DF shown as PC3-10700H

Dear Forum Members

I´ve experienced some very strange stuff on my brand new ASUS Striker II Extreme with 790i Ultra Chipset.

The board shows extreme Instabilities even running on normal Stock speeds caused by some Problems with WDC Raptors and 790i Chipset. Disabling Command Queing helps in this issue...

But the real question i have. Ive inserted 2 TWIN3X2048-1800C7DF Modules (1GB each) and the rams are shown as PC3-10700H Part Number CM3X-1024-1333C9DHX in CPU-Z or Everest. OCing to a FSB of 400 with 2.0V Memory Voltage fails every time, even with the loose settings of 9-9-9-24.

Please could someone explain this interessting case to me? Are some SPDs wrong or even the Rams are labelled wrong?

Thanks in advance! :-)

• Corsair Employee
Sounds like either the SPD was programmed incorrectly, or the part was mislabeled. Can you provide the lot code from the modules (should start with 07 or 08)? Please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived