Corsair Community

780i with TWIN2x4096-8500C5DF

mastersmok

So I just got all my new parts for the comp I'm putting together. Was really excited about having this great ram (TWIN2x4096-8500C5DF) running at 1066 in my 780i board. Problem is I can't boot up vista 64 bit, with more then 2gigs. If I have both ram sticks in, I get a BSOD on vista boot up with the good ol, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. My first though is the ram is bad. I tried all the different settings for both of the, running at 1066, 800, auto timings, or 5-5-5-15, auto voltage or 2.1. Even tried the different slots, 0 and 1, or 2 and 3 for dual channel, and nada. So I tried just using 1 stick, works fine with whatever settings I use 1066 or 800, different timings, or voltage. So then I begin to test the second stick by itself as well. Odd thing is, that too works fine with whatever settings I choose, so both sticks work fine on their own for the 2gigs, but If I use both of them, I get the blue screen and it looks like bad ram. I've updated all my drivers for the board and bios file and still nothing. Is this bad ram or what could be the problem here. All suggestions welcome, I hope it's just a setting, as I also have another set of this ram coming, was hoping to have 8gigs, but I can't seem to run more then 2 =/.

Thanks in Advance.

Well, still no luck trying to run more then 2 gigs, and I don't have my other set, to test the other 2 ram sticks. I ran memtest for each stick and for both of them together, and no errors. I'm still hoping this is not some freak hardware compatibility, as both manufacturers, (EVGA and Corsair) list that they should work together, so I'm going to uninstall Vista 64 bit and try out the good old XP 64 bit version. Hopefully it's just Vista that fails and XP will run it smoothly. If anyone has any other thoughts, please share them as any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The error is related to driver's or wrong settings in your bios causing hardware to fail. I would try running everything on stock including your voltages to make sure everything is running fine, and I would enter in safe mode and download the newest drivers and install everything again.

If this doesn't work we can take a look at instability due to hardware failure later but this is less time consuming and usually the reason why people have that error.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777

Installing Steps

Download Hotfix from link above

Install hotfix once done downloading

When it is done installing DONT restart, go to Start>Shut Down

Once your computer if powered down, turn off you PSU and unplug it just in case

Place the extra RAM sticks into slots on your motherboard

Close your case, plug in, turn on, boot up

Archived