Corsair Community

Issue on Dominators's serial number and date

vitor

I recently bought 2gb (2x1gb) of Dominators DDR2 1066mhz (8500C5D), and the serial number and the manufacturing date appear blank (I am using the latest version of CPU-Z). I wonder if the memory is refurbished, if such thing exists... I have total 4gb RAM (4x1gb) but only 2 modules are like this, the other 2 are normal, I can see on the SPD the serial number and manufacturing date.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks,

Vitor.

• Corsair Employee
Either the SPD was not programmed with the information, or the system is not reading them correctly. If you would like to get them replaced we have no problem doing that for you, however if you have 4 modules all working at their tested settings I would just keep what you have. If at any time you decide you would like to get them replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

All four modules are working fine at 5-5-5-15 2T, 2.2V. I'll keep them, no problems, I just thought CPU-Z should displayed that info... weird.

One last thing, my mobo is a Gigabyte X38-DQ6, since I've got 4 modules should I raise the NB voltage? I did read something about that somewhere...

Thanks.

Archived