Corsair Community

New build w/ MSI P6N and 2x2048-8500C5D G - Tuning

Aerixx

Hello again. My new system is up and running but I have a few questions regarding tuning it for best performance. I'm running a Q6600 cpu at stock 2.4Ghz, 1066fsb. I set my ram to 533Mhz and used the timings mentioned in your (RAM GUY's) links 5-5-5-15 and my modules have V2.2 on them so I believe I was to set them to 2.1 volts. Is that the max I should set the voltage to or is that the standard voltage? Are those the best perfoming timings for these particular modules or are those just the standards that they're tested at? I read someone running them at 800Mhz with 4-4-4-12 timin******** will that make it perform better, worse or the same as what I'm using? And I don't know if this is your area... (perhaps someone else might help if you don't wish to) but I'm getting a strange reading in CPU-Z v1.43. On the cpu tab my "Core Speed" at bottom left reads 1600.3Mhz, a Multiplier of x6.0, a "Bus Speed" of 266.7Mhz and a "Rated fsb" of 1066.9Mhz. I'm not too sure but those don't seem to add up to me. Am I wrong...? And on the Memory tab all the timings look good but what should the "FSB:DRAM" setting be? Mine is 1:2... what does that mean and is that right? Don't even ask about the readings I'm geting in nTune... they seem way off too. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Archived