Corsair Community

Problem Corsair TWINX512-3200LLPT 512MB

ccalter

Hi, I purchased two sets of the above memory at Christmas, a set for my son and myself. I never had any problems with mine and he kept experiencing memory dumps - XP displays error message stops and just locks up. We both have Abit IC7 boards. We contacted Abit updated everything and he was still getting the dumps. He exchanged out his memory for mine and now I have experienced a few of these dumps. The are very sporadic. I thought it could be the BIOS settings in the Abit for games so I hard coded the recommended memory settings. It hasn't dumped as much but it still has. I read some of the messages here and ran the Memtest86 program and it displayed only 3 errors for 15 hours of running. Pass Failing Address 13 000034b0e78 52.0MB 39 000036b0e78 54.0MB 79 00001f38e78 31.5MB Any words of wisdom, recommendations, etc? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cary

Both MB have: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 2.6GHz, 800MHz FSB, Socket 478 Retail enclosed in an Enlight Case with 340W power supply. The memory timings are set to 2-3-2-6. I will have to research how to increase the voltage. Not sure how to or where to do adjust it at. Thanks, Cary

• Corsair Employee
Depending on the Video Card you have that PSU might not be big enough. In addition I would suggest testing the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and lets see if you are getting errors. If you do get errors, honestly I am suspicious of your configuration and I would suggest testing them in another system before RMA'ing the modules

[quote name='RAM GUY']Depending on the Video Card you have that PSU might not be big enough. In addition I would suggest testing the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and lets see if you are getting errors. If you do get errors, honestly I am suspicious of you configuration and I would suggest testing them in another system before RMA'ing the modules[/QUOTE] I tested each of the RAM seperately and had no errors with the first one in 8 hours. I tested the second and had 7 errors in less than 7 hours of testing. My original RAM, which is now in my sons system has not had one dump, so I guess I need an RMA to return these modules. Thanks, Cary

I tested each of the RAM seperately and had no errors with the first one in 8 hours. I tested the second and had 7 errors in less than 7 hours of testing. My original RAM, which is now in my sons system has not had one dump, so I guess I need an RMA to return these modules. Thanks, Cary

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='RAM GUY']Depending on the Video Card you have that PSU might not be big enough. In addition I would suggest testing the modules one at a time with [url]www.memtest.org[/url] and lets see if you are getting errors. If you do get errors, honestly I am suspicious of you configuration and I would suggest testing them in another system before RMA'ing the modules[/QUOTE] Hi, I posted back on 3/14/04 and haven't received a reply. Could you please let me know what else I need to do. If it is determined that the RAM is bad, or if additional testing is required, please let me know so I can get this issue resolved. Thanks, Cary

• Corsair Employee
Sorry about that! Please try them in the other system, and see if you get the same result. If so then please follow the link in my signature and we will be happy to replace them! If the tests in another system do not test the same; I would suggest a new PSU with your system!

Archived