Corsair Community

Asus Commando problems?

shapka78

Hi,

I would like to know what should be changed in the BIOS of my Asus commando to have the right parameters for my TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX. I'm not having problems with installing Windows XP pro, I have problems after that :o:

Driver and software instalation - everything OK, but after about 1 hour (or so) one of the programs (VLC, Mozilla, 3Dmark06, etc...) blocks and it is impossible to stop it or to restart normally - have to reset. After reboot - the same situation (it may not/be the same program) but the problem is the same. Could this be due to problems (compatibility) with my RAM modules??

all help is apreciated

PS sorry for my english

• Corsair Employee
If you are able to get through the install of the O.S. with out problems and then you start having problems during the driver software install, that would suggest something you are installing is causing the problem. Where does the problem start and what is the Stop error code you get? You can search for it at http://www.microsoft.com/technet.

I have no problems with the drivers(I hope) but windows freezes when I start any of my applications (now I'm writing after a reboot caused by mozilla, before that the reason was Neverwinter nights2, before that TOCA RACE DRIVER3, ...HOMM 5, BSplayer, etc...). I've tried different timings, frequencies..doesn't help..now it's on all auto..the problem persists. And all that after fresh install (after several fresh ones as a matter of fact :) ) I don't know what to do :eek:?????

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived