Corsair Community

Asus P5N32-E SLI and Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400

AkiraX123

Hey guys,

I have a P5N32-E SLI mainboard, running WINXP (none of that vista garbage..) and I recently decided to try and push it up to 4GB of ram. I had 2GB installed without and trouble, and decided to order another dual-channel kit off newegg. Unfortunately, I ran into a speedbump - the board recognizes and runs of 3GB fine, but when pushing up to 4GB it give a continuous beep at post. All the sticks are fine according to memtest - I ran them individually for about 1.5 hours each. Has anyone else noticed this problem with the P5N? In terms of performance, would I be better off trying to run 3GB @ 800MHz, or, assuming the board can recognize it, 4GB and lower the speed to 667? I know that XP will not even read all 4 GB due to the fact that it is a 32-bit OS, but would the extra .5 gig or so be worth it?!

And corsair - if this doesn't work out, would it be possible to return my memory and trade it for two 512mb dual-channel modules so that I can still run the 3GB DC?

:(: I also have an Asus P5N-E SLI, I bought TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX, tHE 2 Gb worked fine, I replaced some other 2gb memory modules because I needed 4gb, when I went to the shop yesterday to buy another 2gb corsair, I like you can run 3 but not 4, A1 A2 B1 but B2 when I but that in I could not even get to bios. took the module out of B2 and it booted up fine. I have Vista Ultimate. so it is not just an issue with XP.

• Corsair Employee

tell22

I have already answered your other thread, please do not double post and if you still have questions please reply to that thread.

AkiraX123 & tombombadil

Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.o volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

And I think you have already done that that step to make sure you don't have a failing module, if so then with one set installed go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, Cas 5-5-5-15 and set the Command Rate to 2t Manually and sett he TRC to 24 and set the memory frequency at DDR667 and then test the system with http://www.memtest.org! In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test. If it will still not post then I would test one set in slots A2 and B2 and see if it will post.

Archived