Corsair Community

Corsair Voyager 2 gig

Jammerdelray

• Corsair Employee

Jack Flash F.A.Q.

Question:

When I connect my Corsair Flash Voyager USB 2.0 Flash Drive to my computer’s USB port, Windows prompts me for a Generic USB Hub Driver. What should I do?

Answer:

Direct Windows to the USB Host Driver location:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

Or if you are using Windows Vista:

There seems to be a common issue with Vista!

This seems to work as well, assuming you have all of the latest drivers and updates installed..

Go to Local Disk ©, got to Windows, got to System32, go to Driverstore, go to Filerepository, go to usbstor.inf ( click the on that is newest), cop ythe usbstor.inf and usbstor.PNF files. After you have copied the two files got to Windows, inf folder and paste the files in that folder. Now your usb devices (flash drives, hard drives, ipods, etc.) should work.

Question:

When I insert my Flash Voyager in my system with Windows Vista it will ask for for the driver, but there was no driver for Windows Vista on the CD or the flash drive, where can I get the driver for my Flash Voyager?

Answer:

If you are having this problem, it appears that its happening with other flash drives as well

Which you can see from this link:

Note that Windows Vista does not require any drivers for any of our Flash Drives.

1. Insert drive and wait for about 20 seconds to see if the driver installation is slow.

2. During device driver search, point to a location Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and enable “Include subfolders” in the Browse window.

If this fails, point to one of the subfolders within FileRepository:

FileRepository\usbstor.inf_…

FileRepository\disk.inf_…

FileRepository\volume.inf_…

FileRepository\wpdfs.inf_…

3. If FileRepository location(s) doesn’t work, point to location Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers and enable “Include subfolders” in the Browse window.

4. Check Device Manager for incorrectly installed drivers for the Flash Voyager; uninstall them and reinsert the drive.

Archived