Corsair Community

Problem with CMX1024-3200C2PT on A8V Delux motherboard

newRej

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+

Mboard: A8V Delux

Mem: CMX512-3200C2PT (1 GByte TwinX)

CMX1024-3200C2PT (2 GByte TwinX)

I have been trying to trace a problem whereby file hashes were untrustworthy - I was getting different SHA1SUMs for the same file, once it was greater that about 200MB...

Recently while cleaning the processor cooler, I decided to try each memory stick separately, and found the problem was only exhibited when either of the CMX1024 memory modules was installed.

I can't believe that it is actually the memory causing the problem!!!

I then ran memtest86+ v1.70 against each CMX1024 memory stick and found that both gave no error along with the following:

RAM: 200MHz (DDR 400)

CAS: 3-3-3-8 / DDR-1 (64 bits)

All of the settings on my motherboard are set to auto, as I do know what most of the settings are and do not which to harm any of my components.

Is there anything that can be suggested?

• Corsair Employee

First thing you cannot mix memory with this MB I would suggest just using the two 1.0 Gig modules and then please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.75-2.8 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, Cas 2-3-3-6 at 2t CR and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

• 3 weeks later...

I eventually sent the memory back, and have already received the replacement modules which work perfectly! No issues at all!!

Thanks for all the assistance, suggestions and patience afforded with helping me solve my problem.

Archived