Corsair Community

Foxconn C51XEM2AA AM2 and CORSAIR XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C4 - 2 gig plus - Compatibility?

cmsanto

Compatibility Question about Foxconn C51XEM2AA AM2 and CORSAIR XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C4 800mhz sticks.

I can run one stick fine at 5-5-5-12-T1 with 1.9v.

However I can't get it to load with more than one 1 gig (1 memory stick). :mad:

With the one stick I have to go into the bios and set up everything manually, including getting the pc to see the stick as as 800DDR2.

Any suggestions on how I can add more memory?

I know I need at least 2 gig for Vista and I hate to sell three memory sticks on Ebay!!

Other info:

Power supply: Corsair 620 W power supply

Video card model - GeForce 8800 GT OC (BFG tech brand) x2 (SLI mode)

Amount of RAM on video card - 512 MB GDDR3

processor - Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 6000 (3.01 GHz)

Soundcard - Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

First thing Id do is drop the 1T command rate. That ram you have should be 2T. However it takes more then the ram to hit 1T anyways......its a combination of parts (and usually more ram = less chance).

After dropping the comman rate, if still wont boot try ddr667.

First thing Id do is drop the 1T command rate. That ram you have should be 2T. However it takes more then the ram to hit 1T anyways......its a combination of parts (and usually more ram = less chance).

After dropping the comman rate, if still wont boot try ddr667.

Added the second stick, have them on memory placings 2&4, manual states that it should work. I'm staying away from using 1&3 because on this mobo the first memory placement is too close to the cpu and so the heat sink seems to touch the memory stick.

Tried the first, setting timing to 2T, pc started loading but froze before it started to state the memory on startup.

Tried setting ddr to ddr667 (with other settings unchanged) but it would not boot at all, no boot up screen appeared but pc seemed to start with fans going.

Could it be a voltage problem - I have it at 1.9v.?:confused:

Have you run memtest (boot program) or orthoes (XP application) to verify the single sticks are good. Even though it boots it still can be very unstable. I would leave all ram settings at auto except command rate (set 2T) for a start. Have just one stick, at 800mhz like rated. Start and test. Run till memtest does 100% pass. If it errors at all you can stop the test. Then try other stick. Make sure to closely follow the instructions on installing ram too. If they both pass, tested by themselves then we know its not the ram. Might just need something set in bios.:):

Command Rate should be set to 2T with that system.

Yes, set at 2T, also set at 800DDR with voltage at 1.9. all other settings on auto.

One stick boots up fine, two sticks are a no go.

Tried to increase voltage (to 1.925), got it as far as the Windows welcome screen then it booted out, too unstable.

Tried ddr667 setting - all other settings on auto. Would not boot with two sticks of memory (not even the first boot info screen). Worked with one stick.

Tested memory as was suggested above, both sticks of memory work fine.

Any ideas?

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and load setup defaults and then set the memory Voltage to 2.1 Volts then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org to be sure one is not failing. If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

This evening I tried putting the two sticks next to one another, the instructions for the mobo state that two sticks should be in Dimm 1 and 3 or 2 and 4.

With nothing to loose, I tried populating Dimm 1 & 2, presto - started up without any hesitations!

Mobo reads the memory correctly and everything seems fine so far.

I wonder if the Dimm slots aren't incorrectly wired?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Archived