Corsair Community

Asus Maximus Formula and TWIN2X2048-8500C5D problem

mdk187hj

On Friday I assembled my new PC consisting of the following; Asus Maximus Formula, TWIN2X2048-8500C5D, Q6600 2.4ghz quad core, 8800 GTS 512meg, 250gig SataII, and a 800watt power supply.

What I thought was going to be a fairly straight forward build shortly turned to chaos when I started getting BSOD at hight rates of speed. I did everything from leaving all bios settings stock, updating the bios to the latest version and putting the memory settings to the recommended 5-5-5-15 2.1v-2.2v.

So I read around on the forums and learned about running memtest. I did this one memory module at a time with the auto memory settings on as well as with the recommended memory settings. One stick gave 3 errors after one pass while the other stick would give 3 errors after 3-4 passes.

So for the moment I am running 2x1 gigs of 667 memory without incident.

Also I have not changed any bios settings other than changing the memory timings and voltages everything else in the bios is untouched.

So my question is this, am I missing something or do I just have defective ram? From what I have read on the forums its seems that there are people running this memory with this motherboard successfully.

• Corsair Employee

If your current modules are passing memtest, then I would try setting the 8500 modules to DDR667 at 2.1 volts and see if you are still getting issues. If you get errors with the Dominators at these settings then lets get them replaced. However if you are getting errors with both modules only at higher speeds, then there may be some other issue.

You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace them.

Archived