Corsair Community

VX450W whine/cricket noise

turbo4d

The person that posted that does not work for Corsair. You will need to contact customer service as RAM GUY noted.

I contacted customer service 10 days ago as RAM GUY noted. They suggest me to stay with the unworking computer for two months!

• Corsair Employee
I apologize, but I can not help you set up your RMA, nor give you options that you might have, for that you need to talk directly with our RMA department. Normally the unit will need to be sent to us in the United States before a replacement will be sent to you. Sometimes they are able to make exceptions however, Cross-shipping/Advanced RMA is not standard procedure.

The clicking/buzzing noise is not normal to the unit. It’s very difficult to test units for audible noise in reality, because Corsair’s test environment has a very clean power source. Many times, the clicking/buzzing noises come from the PFC filter circuitry or components used in the AC-DC conversion process, and these components all can react differently based on how clean the power source is. A unit that performs silently here in the lab may buzz or click in a house with older wiring, or a room with a failing battery-powered UPS, or any number of other things.

You can use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it.

Hello!

I checked two other vx45w at http://pro.sunrise.ru/ assembled in China: one made almost the same clicking/buzzing noise from electronics as mine and the other had higher low-frequency buzz from the fan. Are the vx45w's (which the RMA ships) assembled in China too?

Archived