Corsair Community

4GB Flash Voyager-USB Device Not Recognized

scott06gt

I just got a 4GB Flash Voyager as part of a new computer build I'm doing and its giving me a USB Device Not Recognized error when I install it on the new build or on my current System. My 2GB Flash Voyager works fine in either machine. The new build machine is running 32 Bit Vista Home and my current System is Running Vista 64bit Ultimate.

I'm assuming I'm going to be needing a RMA for it.

• Corsair Employee

I would check this link as it seems to be a common issue with Vista

http://teknobabble.wordpress.com/2007/08/18/vista-driver-problems-installing-a-usb-media-reader-a-solution/

This seems to work as well.

Go to Local Disk ©, got to Windows, got to System32, go to Driverstore, go to Filerepository, go to usbstor.inf ( click the on that is newest), cop ythe usbstor.inf and usbstor.PNF files. After you have copied the two files got to Windows, inf folder and paste the files in that folder. Now your usb devices (flash drives, hard drives, ipods, etc.) should work.

I would check this link as it seems to be a common issue with Vista

http://teknobabble.wordpress.com/2007/08/18/vista-driver-problems-installing-a-usb-media-reader-a-solution/

This seems to work as well.

Go to Local Disk ©, got to Windows, got to System32, go to Driverstore, go to Filerepository, go to usbstor.inf ( click the on that is newest), cop ythe usbstor.inf and usbstor.PNF files. After you have copied the two files got to Windows, inf folder and paste the files in that folder. Now your usb devices (flash drives, hard drives, ipods, etc.) should work.

I'm not sure if you read my posting correctly, you'll note that I have a 2GB Voyager that works fine in both machines, and all my other USB devices have no issues what so ever either. The problem is ONLY with the 4GB Voyager that I tried using. I'm willing to assume that if the PC's can pickup and properly use a 2GB Voyager, there shouldn't be any thing wrong with the PC and the fault lies in the Thumb Drive.

Are you using Windows Vista?

Correct, it was tested on Windows Vista Home 32bit and Vista 64Bit Ultimate (both where fresh installs) and both get the same error, USB Device Not Recognized.

An 2GB Flash Voyager works flawlessly with both computers.

I also tested the 4GB Flash Voyager on my Windows Home Server machine and it also gets USB Device Not Recognized.

Archived