Corsair Community

A8N-SLI (AMD) Memory problems

Drkwhitey

HI. I have an Asus A8N-SLI mo/bo and I am trying to expand it to it's full potential of 4GB of RAM. Recently I have noticed this is not as easy as with my older Abit mo/bo!!! I purchased a Corsair VS2GBKIT400C3 kit and installed it into slots A1 and B1. It works perfectly. Then I bought another kit of the same thing. Put that into slots A2 and B2 and I get nothing. It will not even get to the bios boot screen. When I take the memory out and install the second set in place of the first, by itself, it works. Please help me, I miss the days of just being able to buy the RAM you need and being able to just push it in. I've been at this for a few hours now and my eyes are going cross-eyed trying to find a solution to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Lata!

HI. I have an Asus A8N-SLI mo/bo and I am trying to expand it to it's full potential of 4GB of RAM. Recently I have noticed this is not as easy as with my older Abit mo/bo!!! I purchased a Corsair VS2GBKIT400C3 kit and installed it into slots A1 and B1. It works perfectly. Then I bought another kit of the same thing. Put that into slots A2 and B2 and I get nothing. It will not even get to the bios boot screen. When I take the memory out and install the second set in place of the first, by itself, it works. Please help me, I miss the days of just being able to buy the RAM you need and being able to just push it in. I've been at this for a few hours now and my eyes are going cross-eyed trying to find a solution to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Lata!

Unfortunately, you have run into the realities of modern-day PCs. You'll never know what you'll get if you fill more than two memory slots on recent motherboards: You might get a refusal to even POST with four identical sticks of memory, or you might be forced to run memory at a much, much slower speed in order to run stably.

Archived