Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2PRO and Shuttle ST61G4

zibbler

I recently got a Shuttle ST61G4 and put in a P4 3.0E along with 2 CMX512-3200C2PRO modules. I noticed some errors from running memtest86 v1.1 so I reran the tests with each module individually in each slot, and I still saw errors. I started to think this was a motherboard issue, so I contacted shuttle support who told me if I don't have v1.2, I should contact the reseller for different modules. Should this make a difference? I looked at the modules and they both say XMS3202v1.0 and are from lot 0340139. I set the motherboard to ddr333 and they worked fine. Also, if it makes a difference, the motherboard auto detected settings at ddr400 are 2.5-3-4-8. Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Corsair Employee
The info they gave you, was based on Non-pro modules, not on the Pro version. I would suggest testing these on another system, if possible, as all XMS3200C2 Pro, modules are tested at least two times at the rated speed before they leave our factory. In addition, the timings would need to be set manually to the tested settings. I would try them one at a time with the timings set to Cass 2-3-3-6 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and please use [url]www.memtest.org[/url] Ver. 1.11.

Thanks for the quick response. I tried running memtest using my memory in a friend's machine (running on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe), and didn't have any problems. I also tried his memory (same model) in my machine and saw errors with his memory too. At this point I believe it is either a motherboard compatibility issue or a bad motherboard, and I am waiting to hear back from Shuttle support.

I updated the bios right after I got it because I had read some reviews talking about problems that the bios revisions had fixed. I also tried changing the voltage, but that didn't have any affect. I was able to complete memtest without any problems after setting the memory to ddr 333 in the bios.

• Corsair Employee
The fact that these modules ran with out problems in another system would suggest a problem with the system you have. We can try and replace the modules but I would suggest that you ask the MB maker to change the MB or if this is one of their systems see if they can change the PSU for you!

Archived