Corsair Community

Please Help. Corsair TwinX XMS DDR 400

theaudioman

I have just bought over $ 1,000 worth of Corsair XMS DDR 400 memory and can't load Windows on my new computer. I bought 4Gb in 512 Mb pairs for an AMD dual Opteron 246 setup. I have a Tyan Thunder K8W motherboard with the latest BIOS updates. The outside of my RAM is marked with the following CMX512R-3200C2PT XMS3200Rv1.1 0349075 XMS3200 512Mb 400Mhz CL2 Can you please tell me if I am out $ 1,000 and need to buy new RAM to keep from getting BSOD's? I want to run DDR400 but will do whatever is needed to resolve...by the way if I have to get new RAM anyone interested in buying 4Gb of brand new RAM? Thanks, Jeremy MCSE, MCSE Win2K, Server+, Compaq APS, HP APS

Have you tested any/all of the RAM to verify that none of it is defective? The newest version of [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] or the Microsoft memory tester should work with your MOBO. I'd test the sticks 1 at a time. Also, you may want to contact Tyan support and see if they have any advice on running 8 sticks of RAM in their MOBO. If you find that their MOBO does not like 8 sticks of RAM, you may need to check and see if your vendor will allow you to exchange them for 4 1gb sticks of the new Corsair 1024mb sticks of RAM. Not sure if this will solve it but it is an idea. As to being out $1000 it's hard to tell. Have no fears, Corsair will warranty any RAM that is defective or will not run up to specs but, the RAM may or may not be your problem. Good luck, Mike. EDIT: I forgot to ask you, what makes you think it is the RAM? There could be many reasons that you cannot load Windows including bios setup.

Archived