Corsair Community

256mb enabled?

redrob

I recently ran a benchmark test,PCMark 2002, and when I go into system info/mem info,it tells me I have 1GB. When I check Memory Array it shows:installed and enabled 256MB. When I check system properties in windows it shows 1GIG of ram. When I go to Help and Support in windows, My Computer Information,Status,and Hardware all show 512MB ram. Which is right, do I have only 256MB of enabled ram,or 1GIG, or do I just have the wrong ram for my system? My system: Athlon64 3400+ with a Thermaltake Silent Boost K8 heat sink/fan Gigabyte GA-K8NNXP,K8 Triton series,nForce3 150 chipset Cosair TWIN1024-3200LLpro(1Gig) Asus GeForce4 Ti4200 graphics card,128mb 2 Maxtor 160Gig ultra ATA/133 Hard drives hooked up in Gigaraid 0 configuration 1 Seagate 160Gig SATA HDD setup as an additional storage Sony DVD drive DRU-500AX Matshita DVD-RAM LF-D310 Thermaltake W0011+PFC Silent Purepower 480w power supply in a Thermatake Xaser 3 Supertower Series-V 1000A case

WoW! That sure is confusing! With the power cord removed from the power supply socket, remove the case cover and ensure that all your ram modules are fully seated. Then download and run Aida32. I have confidence that, that utility will produce accurate readings. Good Luck

Archived