Corsair Community

2 Go flash USB randomly unusable

hsletouriste

I ve been using a 2 Go Flash Voyager GT normally for 3 weeks but then it suddenly stoped working. I can t copy or read files, sometimes i can see the disk in the explorer but appears empty. I tried plug off and on and sometimes it works normally, sometimes i can´t access the disk.

I tried to format it (when by luck it lets me format it), but there is no change.

I tried it on another computer and sent me error message linked with writing protection.

Some idea ?

Ok I just got my corsair 4gb flash drive (flashvoyagergt CMFUSB2.0 - 4gbgt) today so I don't really want to have to send it back. I am having the same problem with mine though. The flash drive will work on my computer I even used the truecrypt, but when I put the drive into my moms computer it showed the blank screen saying it was probably pasword protected or something. (I only put true crypt on a folder not the whole drive) now it wont show me any thing not even the unencrypted stuff. What should I do, I would like to not have to send it back.

Let's get it replaced, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it.

I ve just been given this bad part to replace another bad part. I already paid 10 € to send back the first bad part (I live in France).

Is there any way you pay me the shipping back to you ?

If I pay the shipping to you, i would have paid 20 € in shipping cost, which is the price of a 2 Go Kingston Flash memory (with a 5 year warranty).

I hope we can find a satisfactory solution.

Thank you

• Corsair Employee

hsletouriste

Please contact our customer service at 510-657-8747 Ext "0" or reply to the last email you got from our customer service.

bowbalitic

Please put the drive back in the system that you created the true crypt volume and then format the drive with DOS (format (X:) /FS:fat32 /U) then try it in the other system.

Archived