Corsair Community

EVGA 680i and TWIN2X2048-8500C5D

AdrianK

(PC specs in Sig)

I had a very stable system for about 3.5 months and then the system became unusable. I am not performing any OCing except enabling the SLI Ready Memory option and setting it to "CPU 0% OC" in the BIOS (which i think is what bumps the RAM up to 1066 from 800) I manually set the voltage for the RAM to 2.2v but left all other settings for the RAM alone. After about 3-4 months of solid use, games (WOW C&C3) began to crash/freeze. Then after about another week windows eventually began BSOD then after that i couldnt even boot most of the time without BSOD. Upon running memtest i found many errors on a single RAM module but the other RAM Module of the pair tested fine.

I obtained an RMA from Corsair to replace the product, but in the meatime i began doing some research to make sure i was not doing something wrong.

What BIOS settings should i be using for the 8500C5D in my 680i MB? Do i only have to manually set the voltage or are there other timings that need to be manually set?

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.2 volts and then set SLI Ready Memory to CPU 0% and set the CPC/CR to 2T, then test with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them one up and or in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Archived