Corsair Community

RMA for 8500C5D

XSidious

Hello Ramguy. Well. It has been a while now, maybe 17 days since I send my 8500C5D's (1gbx2) kit for RMA. I did call the Corsair support line and I have been granted a loaner for 6400C4D (1gbx2) kit so I can boot my otherwise inoperable system. This is working fine however I wouldn't want to use this permanently as its limiting the speed of my processor (ratio/fsb) and is using significantly higher timings. I really need to get my 8500C5D's returned as soon as is possible. Because it has been so long now, I am trying to figure out if I have been giving this In Place of my 8500C5D's permanently, because this is not what I would like at all. My last call, it was stated that Corsair is having a hard time with the supply of 8500C5D's, and there was absolutely no estimation for when they will be in stock. I believe I was placed on some list, as I was told, that probably is a waiting list for the 8500c5d. My chip was the revision v1.1 which used the Micron chip (according to your DDR2 IC post). I see the revision v2.1 is using Qimonda. I can't specifically request or know about the differences between these chips, as I know I am paying for the rated-spec and not the possible head-room. I would appreciate greatly if you can find out if those 8500C5D's have become stocked. I also noted that Corsair would replace parts of the same or higher-spec but I don't clearly see if a replacement for a higher-spec from this particular level (they appear to be in a different bracket), however I would greatly accept that

Case#: 228846

• Corsair Employee
The main difference between the Micron based 8500C5D and the Qimonda based 8500C5D is that the Qimonda will run at the same spec but at a lower voltage. We have also seen better compatibility in some systems using 4 modules. Please contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to find out information regarding your specific RMA.

Archived